You're in for a treat. I've decide to divulge my favorite accompaniment to a great cup of Sunday coffee. Today — I give you the recipe for my world famous waffles. Not only is this recipe world famous, it's also gluten-free for those among us (myself included) that can't handle the stuff.
Now, by "world famous" I mean my wife and kids love them. My 3-year old daughter begs for them every weekend and does an odd shimmy shake when I agree to make them. But on top of that, no less than 3 or 4 people, across MANY states (2) have asked for this recipe.
These waffles need only six ingredients that you probably already have on hand: Eggs, Oatmeal, Cottage Cheese, Cinnamon, Baking Powder and Vanilla. Round them up.
Mix all of the ingredients in a blender until it looks like batter, let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes and then start makin' waffles.
We're waffle people around these parts, but I should note that you can make these as pancakes, too.
Look at that waffle below. Your mouth is watering. Don't lie.
Gluten Free Protein Waffles
Makes 4-5 Large Waffles
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup instant/quick rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix all ingredients (cottage cheese, oats, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, and baking powder) in blender until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is sitting, warm up your waffle iron.
- Pour mixture into waffle iron.
- Wait until the waffle iron stops steaming (that's how you know the waffle is browning.
- Once golden brown, remove and serve right away with your favorite maple syrup. I prefer 100% Pure Maple Syrup.